LAST UPDATED: March 18 at 11:30 a.m.
As of March 12, 2020, there is one confirmed case of COVID-19 in Kane County and no cases in Kendall County.
There have been a total of 25 cases reported in Illinois as of March 12. Two patients have recovered, and 23 cases are still active.
Worldwide, it has affected over 100 countries and infected more than 120,000 people.
For information on symptoms and prevention, refer to the Kendall County Health Department.
“SD 308 remains in contact with the Kendall County Health Department, and will follow recommendations regarding student screening and exclusion, cleaning, and steps to reduce the spread of illness. Information regarding Coronavirus will be shared with students, staff and parents as it is received,” School District 308 says on its website.
The district has also made it clear that “increased hand washing opportunities and education, and availability of hand sanitizer will continue, especially around mealtimes.”
Here’s a running list of cancellations, modifications and closings as they relate to Oswego High School, as a result of COVID-19 concerns.
- March 14 makeup SAT (scheduled for March 28) and May 2 SAT subject test administrations canceled by CollegeBoard. June 6 SAT test has yet to be canceled.
- March 16-20: School canceled for all students in School District 308.
- March 13-29: All school activities, practices and competitions are canceled.
- All sports contests between March 13 and March 29 have been canceled. After that time, contests will be played without spectators. Sports practices to continue as scheduled.
- IHSA canceled the rest of the IHSA winter sports and activities schedule, including the remainder of the basketball tournament, scholastic bowl, journalism, drama and group interpretation, music and debate.
- Ignite 308, scheduled for March 17, has been cancelled. More information can be found here.
- All FIRST robotics events, including the World Championship tournament in Detroit, which Oswego’s own robotic team was going to to compete at, has been cancelled. The World Championship was scheduled for April 29- May 2.
- The Mundelein Jazz Invitational, scheduled for Saturday, March 14, has been canceled. Oswego’s Own Lil’ Big Band was going to compete.
- National Choir Festival for the A Capella Choir, scheduled for March 12-14. Oswego High School’s A Capella choir was going to perform as a part of the festival, but due to concerns caused by the outbreak of the coronavirus, the trip to Indianapolis was “taken off the table” late last night by Choral Director Mr. Frank Tieri.
- EdRising Club Partnership Breakfast, scheduled for March 13, has been canceled.
- All school assemblies or “unnecessary” gatherings of students during the school day will be canceled or reorganized to include less than 200 students.
- All district employee travel, conference, and professional development attendance out of district is suspended until further notice.
- Sports contests involving 250 athletes or more will be rearranged, cancelled or rescheduled through May 1.
- All facility rentals (with the exception of Kids Connection) will be canceled.
- All district organized field trips, travel and community based instruction outings canceled through May 1.
Check back for updates