If you have a strong opinion about something you read on 42Fifty, or you just want to express your opinion about an issue you care about, make your voice heard and write a letter to the editor! We will publish any letters we receive that follow our publishing guidelines.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Letter to the Editor” as the subject line.
Please include your full name; your grade, position, or graduation year; and the date and headline of the article to which you are responding. If you are not responding to an article, please include a headline that clearly states the topic of your letter.
- You must include your full name. Anonymous letters will not be published.
- Be clear. Make a clear argument – do not ramble.
- Be concise. Please make an effort to stay under 250 words. If you have a lot more to say, contact us at email@example.com about an article submission!
- Be accurate. Letters, like all content on 42Fifty, are fact-checked and will not be printed if there are factual errors.
- Avoid personal attacks. Letters that attack 42Fifty student staff, other Community Unit School District 308 students or faculty, will not be published.
- Proofread. Please make sure that your letter is grammatically correct and does not contain spelling errors.
42Fifty may edit letters to the editor for clarity or grammar.